Giving a voice to the silent majority
Working Voices is an initiative which aims to unlock the potential of the ‘silent majority’ of the UK workforce – people who traditionally are not involved in engagement.
Those most often involved in engagement are people not in work, such as the elderly, unemployed or students. Efforts have previously been made to open up engagement to the workforce – which accounts for 70% of the population – with limited success.
Working Voices takes the opportunity to take engagement activities TO the workforce rather than expecting them to come to us. By capturing the views of the working population about changes within the NHS, Hull CCG can gain a valuable insight from this often ignored group.
The benefits to employees, employer and ourselves at NHS Hull CCG, speak for themselves:
- Engaging with the workforce enables NHS Hull CCG to get a real insight into the views of the workforce in Hull so we can design appropriate services
- This will help NHS Hull CCG to develop a deeper relationship with the local community
- Working voices allows local employees to have their say on services and NHS consultations
- This helps the public to understand how the NHS and other health services operate
- Working Voices allows people working in Hull to take up the development opportunity to become a Workplace Ambassador or Champion
- The programme will supports employers to create a happier, healthier and more empowered workforce
- By engaging with us, it will make major decisions more transparent, and help local people working in the city to understand how we make these decisions
Want to find out more?
Use the menu on the left to see why the likes of Holiday Inn Marina, G.F Smith and Village Hotel, plus many more, have already signed up.