Minor injuries unit
A NEW 24 hour Minor Injuries Unit/Urgent Care Centre is operating at Bransholme Health Centre
Bransholme Minor Injuries Unit (MIU)
Tel: (01482) 344665
Minor injuries opening times:
24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays).
X-Ray opening times:
Monday - Friday: 8.30am -12.30 pm and 1.30 pm - 5 pm
Last arrivals: 30 minutes before closing
Please note: The units can sometimes get very busy just before closing time. If this is the case patients will be assessed and either advised to attend A&E or, if it is clinically safe, to return to MIU the following morning.
MIUs offer fast and convenient treatment for less serious injuries.Many people go to Accident and Emergency when they could be treated just as well and probably quicker at a MIU.
No appointments are required and patients are managed by Nurse Practitioners who have experience and expertise in the management of minor injuries, working within a safe caring environment.
Healthcare, information, advice and treatment can be offered for:
- Wounds and abrasions
- Cuts/wounds that require closure using sutures, steri-strips or tissue adhesive
- Burns and scalds
- Removal of soft tissue foreign bodies e.g. splinters
- Muscle and joint injuries e.g. sprains, strains and contusions
- Suspected fractures / breaks
- Animal and human bites and insect stings
- Eye injuries/conditions e.g. Removal of foreign body, Corneal abrasion
- Healthcare Advice, information and direction to local services
The service is open to anyone who can usually access NHS care. The service is designed to address urgent health needs involving an injury that has occurred within the previous 24-72 hrs, however we understand that many people try and self-manage their symptoms in the first place, so appropriate presentations outside these hours may also be accepted for assessment, advice and treatment.
Contact NHS 111 for the out of hours GP and out of hours/emergency dental service.