Complaint Consent – what you are agreeing to

The Patient Relations Service is provided to NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) by North Yorkshire and Humber Commissioning Support Unit (NYHCSU). When accessing this service, please note you are consenting to the following:

  • Your correspondence and all other data related will be passed to NYHCSU by the CCG.
  • Feedback will be managed by NYHCSU on behalf of the CCG.
  • Where appropriate the CCG may require access to medical records or other personal information in order to deal with the matter.

Information may be used for other purposes such as monitoring processes and improving service quality. Wherever possible, only anonymous information will be used. If identifiable data is needed for other purposes, then consent will be requested from the person who the information is about.

In some circumstances the CCG may disclose personal information to relevant parties where there is a legal duty or power to do so, for example if information leads us to believe that a child or vulnerable adult is at risk of harm or if a court order requires us to do so. In such circumstances consent may not be sought prior to disclosing the information.

Where you are contacting the service on behalf of another person, consent will be required from the individual concerned, to progress an inquiry.

Should you have any concerns about how your information is to be used, please discuss this with one of the Patient Relations Team:

  • Email:
  • Phone: 01482 335409
  • Address: Patient Relations, Freepost Plus RTGL-RGEB-JABG, NHS HULL Clinical Commissioning Group, 2nd Floor, Wilberforce Court, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 1UY

What if I don’t want to raise my complaint with the service involved?

Some complainants prefer to send their complaint to the commissioner of NHS services. This is fine, however, the commissioner will consider which organisation is best placed to address your concerns. The health care provider (for example the hospital or district nursing team) will normally be given the opportunity to respond to your complaint.


Who can help me in making a complaint?

Independent Complaints Advocacy

The Independent Complaints Advocacy (ICA) team can guide and support you though the complaints process. They can help you put your complaint in writing and attend meetings with you. However, the ICA team does not investigate complaints.

Support to residents of Hull CCG is available from the Independent Complaints Advocacy service which free to complainants. The service is provided by:
Cloverleaf Advocacy – Hull & East Riding
1b Hesslewood Hall
Ferriby Road
East Yorkshire
HU13 0LH
Phone: 01482 880160