Yesterday, Monday 16th February, saw antenatal group BUMPS Hull parade their burgeoning baby bumps with pride to encourage people across East Yorkshire to make their face funny for money this Red Nose Day.
Embracing their growing bumps, the ladies at BUMPS in Hull sat back and relaxed while their bumps were painted with one of this year’s nine Red Nose characters. After, they stuck out their tongues, raised their eyebrows, donned some props and pulled their best funny face to show how easy it is to take part in this year’s campaign and raise some all-important cash.
Tracy Nicholson, from Face Painting 4 You, painted the ladies. She said: “I’ve painted quite a lot of pregnant ladies and it’s always a fun task, but it has never been quite as funny as this event. We’ve had a lot of giggles in this bumpathon session as the Red Nose characters and swish of the paintbrushes have had lots of the ladies in stitches. But that’s what Red Nose Day is all about – making people laugh while raising money for great causes.”
Sarah Merrell from Beverley, said: ““It’s my first baby and I thought it’d be a fun and unique way to mark my pregnancy. Comic Relief supports projects here at home as well as in the UK and across Africa; so it’s great to get involved near where I live”.
For Red Nose Day 2015, people all over Hull will be making their faces funny for money to help people living unimaginably tough lives here in Hull, across the UK and Africa. For more ways to get involved, visit rednoseday.com.
Notes to editors
- Red Nose Day 2015 is heading your way on Friday 13th March when the great British public will be asked to ‘Make Your Face Funny for Money’
- BUMPS (Birth Understood for Mums and Partners) is a service run by ABL Health which is commissioned by NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group to offer free NHS Birth Preparation and Parent Education classes for ladies registered with a Hull GP and their partners. To book on or for more information, please visit our website at www.bumpshull.co.uk or call our office on 01482 303541.
- By raising cash this Red Nose Day, you’re helping to change lives forever. That’s because Comic Relief spends the money raised to help change the lives of poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged people across the UK and Africa
- Red Nose Day comes along every two years and combines two very British things: having a laugh and helping others. Be it at school, work or home, people across the land put on Red Noses and pull out all the stops to raise as much money as possible. Then, once everyone’s run out of fundraising juice, they tune into BBC One for some top entertainment from their favourite comedians and to donate even more cash! And why do they do it? To help poor and vulnerable people living incredibly tough lives both here in the UK and across Africa
- If you’re looking for a quick way to make your lovely face funny for money, then check out our nine new Red Noses. They’re a right bunch of characters and are hiding away in special surprise bags. And, who Nose? You might be lucky enough to find one of our prize-winning Golden Noses*. So, bag yours today at Sainsbury’s, Oxfam or rednoseday.com
- *Terms and conditions apply. See rednoseday.com/legal
Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland)