NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is inviting applications from qualified GPs looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity to be part of the city’s ambitious Hull 2020 programme and support the vision of creating a healthier Hull.
Recruitment is under way and the application process has been extended to 30 November for posts to commence February-March 2015 offering:
- A six-year contract in clinical practice including rotational placements across 3 GP practices, NHS Hull CCG, HYMS, Secondary Care and Public Health
- Opportunities to develop skills in clinical commissioning, teaching and research, public health strategy and delivery and care of the elderly
- An education bursary to study towards a Masters or PhD level qualification
- A supported out of programme placement
The Hull 2020 GP Recruitment and Development Programme has been developed by NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group in collaboration with health partners across Hull including GP practices, Hull York Medical School, Hull City Council and Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
Up to nine GP posts will be recruited across three schemes. GPs will rotate through a number of roles working at different practices, with further opportunities to carry out research at the Hull-York Medical School, develop commissioning skills, work in public health and take on posts with a special interest in older people’s care.Appointees will be employed by a GP practice and become part of the clinical team, with standard BMA contracts.
Dr Mike Holmes, Associate Medical Director for Hull CCG said: “Demands on primary care are increasing and that means we need to attract highly motivated, qualified GPs to Hull to take up the opportunity to become our next generation of clinical leaders. We are offering a unique package to hopefully draw people into the region. It’s not something I’ve seen anywhere else.”
For further information and to apply please visitwww.hullccg.nhs.uk/gp-opportunities
Notes to Editors:
- NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is led by a membership of 57 local GP practices. The CCG has a budget of around £362m to commission hospital, community and mental health services to meet the needs of the people of Hull.
- Our vision is to Create a Healthier Hull, and in order to achieve this we work in close collaboration with our partners to improve health, reduce health inequality and secure excellent services for all the communities in Hull.