Care-About is hitting the road to offer advice, support and information to unpaid carers throughout Hull, as the Carers’ Information Bus visits various locations across the city from 8th to 13th June 2015.
Care-About is an outreach service provided by City Health Care Partnership CIC (CHCP CIC) as part of their Carers Information and Support Service (CISS). With thanks to generous Big Lottery, Reaching Communities funding, Care-About serves and identifies 23,000 unpaid carers in Hull.
On the bus, the service will be promoting “Building Carer-Friendly Communities”. This will support carers who look after loved ones with support from their friends and family, as most carers cannot manage without their help.
This theme is focusing on making carers aware of what support is available and the best way for them to access it. CISS will provide information on a wide range of topics from disability welfare benefits, practical support and grants to talking therapies.
“We all come across unpaid carers and the advice and support from our service is a great thing to access no matter what level of involvement you have. We want to spread this positive message amongst different communities across Hull,” said Beverley Shore, Outreach Development Advice Worker.
Mr Simons, a carer who used CISS said, “I now feel reassured by the support that is available, no matter what level of involvement I have with my family member’s care.”
Hull’s journey to become a Carer Friendly Community starts with you so pop into our bus during Carers Week for the perfect opportunity to pick up some information to pass on to family and friends.
During the week the Carers Information Bus will be visiting the following locations:
- Monday 8th June 2015 10am – 4pm: Queen Victoria Square.
- Tuesday 9th June 2015 10am – 12 noon: Holderness Rd Retail Park (nr McDonalds)
- Tuesday 9th June 2015 1pm – 4pm: Hessle Rd Retail Park (nr Wilkinsons)
- Wednesday 10th June 2015 8.30am – 12.30 noon: Walton Street Market
- Thursday 11th June 2015 10am – 4pm: Tesco, Hall Rd
- Friday 12th June 2015 10am – 4pm: North Point Shopping Centre (Fordyke entrance)
- Saturday 13th June 2015 10am – 4pm: King Edward Street